online & web resolution aid

항상 고객사와 소통하는 오라인포

국제보도자료

> 오라人 > 국제보도자료

[PRNewswire] UMIT 교수 Uwe Siebert, SMDM 상 받고 SMDM 회장으로 선출

등록일 2017.11.14 조회수966
[PRNewswire] UMIT 교수 Uwe Siebert, SMDM 상 받고 SMDM 회장으로 선출

-- UMIT - Private University for Health Sciences Medical Informatics and Technology

[편집자 주] 본고는 자료 제공사에서 제공한 것으로, 연합뉴스는 내용에 대해 어떠한 편집도 하지 않았음을 밝혀 드립니다.

(할인티롤, 오스트리아 2017년 11월 14일 PRNewswire=연합뉴스) 미국 펜실베이니아주 피츠버그에서 열린 제39회 연례 SMDM(Society for Medical Decision Making) 콘퍼런스에서 Uwe Siebert 교수가 그 공로를 인정받아 SMDM 상을 받았다. 또한, 그는 2017~2018년 기간에 SMDM 회장직을 맡게 됐다.

(사진: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/601902/Wong_Siebert.jpg)
(사진: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/601916/UMIT_Siebert_Team.jpg)

SMDM은 연구원, 공급자, 정책입안가 및 대중을 연결함으로써 임상적인 의사 결정과 건강관리 정책을 정형화하는 데 체계적이고 통합적으로 접근하여, 개인과 주민의 건강을 개선하는 방법을 모색하는 조직이다.

수상위원회 회장인 John B. Wong 교수(보스턴 터프츠대학교)는 연구 및 교육분야에서 Uwe Siebert 교수의 특출한 노력과 활동적인 리더십을 언급하며 공로상을 수여했다.

Siebert 교수는 수상연설에서 “이렇게 명망 있는 상을 받은 것은 매우 큰 영광”이라며 “이 상은 본인의 연구와 교육적 노력을 이뤄갈 수 있도록 도와주고, 나아갈 길에 영향을 준 많은 협회 회원을 위한 것”이라고 소감을 밝혔다.

콘퍼런스 기간에 전임 화장 Angie Fagerin 교수(솔트레이크시티 유타대학)는 SMDM의 상징적인 의사봉을 Uwe Siebert 교수에게 전달했다. 이로써 그는 공식적으로 SMDM의 39대 회장이 됐다.

Siebert 교수는 SMDM 회장으로서의 계획에 대해 “협회의 분석평가방법에 대한 전문지식과 환자와 공유하는 의사 결정 과정을 조합해 우리의 연구를 분석함으로써, 환자, 정보제공자 및 정책입안가에게 유용한 정보를 제공하고 싶다”고 포부를 밝혔다.

SMDM이 추구하는 바를 이루기 위해서는 여러 국가의 건강관리 의사 결정 분야 학자 간에 국제적인 교류와 시너지가 더욱 촉진돼야 한다. 그는 “남미, 서아프리카, 유럽 및 북미에서 생활하고 일 해오면서, 나 또한 기존의 교육에 대한 노력을 더욱 확장하는 것이 얼마나 중요한지 깨달았다”라며, “우리는 모바일 및 웹 기반 교육 프로그램을 개발함으로써 기존의 콘퍼런스에 참여하지 못한 이들과 만나야 하고, 그들에게도 무언가를 배워야 한다”고 덧붙였다.

UMIT의 총장 Sabine Schindler 교수는 축전에서 “이 상은 건강에 대한 의사결정과학 분야에서 Uwe Siebert 교수의 연구 및 교육 등 뛰어난 공헌을 인정한 것”이라며 “우리는 그가 SMDM의 회장으로서 봉사하고, 합리적이면서 증거기반 의학적 의사 결정 분야를 홍보하기 위한 학제 간 활동을 계속할 것에 대해 매우 자랑스럽게 생각한다”라고 언급했다.

출처: UMIT - The Health & Life Sciences University

UMIT Professor Uwe Siebert Receives SMDM Award and Becomes SMDM President

-- UMIT - Private University for Health Sciences Medical Informatics and Technology

HALL IN TIROL, Austria, November 10, 2017/PRNewswire/ -- At the 39th Annual Society for Medical Decision Making (SMDM) Conference in Pittsburgh, PA, Professor Uwe Siebert received the SMDM Award for Distinguished Service and was inaugurated as 2017-2018 SMDM President.

(Photo: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/601902/Wong_Siebert.jpg )
(Photo: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/601916/UMIT_Siebert_Team.jpg )

SMDM seeks to improve the health of individuals and populations through systematic and integrated approaches to clinical decision making and health care policy formulation by connecting and educating researchers, providers, policy-makers and the public.

Professor John B. Wong (Tufts University, Boston), the Chair of the Awards Committee, presented the Distinguished Service Award to Uwe Siebert recognizing his exceptional efforts and leadership in advancing the scientific and educational activities of the Society.

During his acceptance speech, Professor Siebert said: "I am truly humbled and honored to receive this prestigious award. I see this award also as recognition for the many societal members who have influenced my path and helped shape my research and educational efforts."

During the same conference, outgoing President Angie Fagerlin (University of Utah, Salt Lake City) handed over the symbolic SMDM gavel to Uwe Siebert, as he becomes the 39th President of SMDM.

Speaking of his plans for SMDM during his presidency, he said: "I would like to combine our Society's expertise in analytical evaluation methods and patient-shared decision making to facilitate the translation of our research into useful information for patients, providers and policy makers."

To further pursue SMDM's goal to foster and promote international exchange and synergies between health care decision making scholars from different countries, he added: "Having lived and worked in South America, West Africa, Europe and North America, I also find it very important to expand our existing educational efforts by developing mobile and web-based educational programs to reach and meet those who are unable to attend our conferences and to learn from their experience."

UMIT Rector Professor Sabine Schindler expressed her congratulations: "This award recognizes Uwe Siebert's outstanding contribution to health decision science through his research, teaching and leadership service. We are proud that he will serve as President of SMDM and continue interdisciplinary activities to promote rational and evidence-based medical decision making."

Contact: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Uwe Siebert, MPH, MSc, Head of the Department for Public Health, Health Services Research and HTA,public-health@umit.at, +4350-8648-673930

Source: UMIT - The Health & Life Sciences University
(끝)

출처 : PRNewswire 보도자료

본 콘텐츠는 제공처의 후원을 받아 게재한 PR보도자료입니다.